By Lynn Ponder: Celebrating and connecting with friends and family is exactly what Linda my sister and I LOVE to do. We created webcitygirls & Xixon Get Social para “La Navidad a la Española” for the best Spanish cuisine in Miami, Xixon Restaurant.
The event included a wine tasting extravaganza from United Cellars with wines from the Northern part of Spain, Flamenco Music, and giveaways from Miami Small Businesses.
Linda and I got on the microphone, something we both also LOVE to do.. LoL! We would come in and out during the event using the mic to interact with the guests asking them to do tasks on Twitter and Facebook in order to WIN some prizes from local Miami Small Businesses. The active social media users were having lots of fun and totally into the experience helping promote the gifts in a natural way.
• To win a basket from Xixon you had to Like Xixon Spanish Restaurant Facebook page and post a comment about your favorite wine of the night.
• From Book Author and Motivational Celebrity Speaker Extraordinaire Maria Marin, we gave out her new book “Si Soy Tan Buena”. Por que estoy Soltera? Ladies were ask to tweet out what was there reason for being single, using event hashtag, tag @Maria_Marin and @webcitygirls.
• The person who tweeted the most during the event would win a 3 day 2 night stay at the beautiful Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. The winner @FHHispania with 38 tweets and runner-up 22 tweets. I would say this was great engagement and exposure for @XixonCafe, Doubletree Grand Hotel and @webcitygirls.
• My favorite interactive giveaway of the night was for Simply Sweethearts Pet Spa & Boutique. We asked whoever had a dog to upload a picture including dog name to Simply Sweethearts Facebook page. Dog pic that got most likes would win the Pet Spa package.
Winner on Simply Sweethearts Pet Spa Facebook page with 15 Likes and 5 Comments:
• Another fun interactive giveaway was for a gift certificate from My Best Friends Closet Boutique, who happen to dress us for all of our events. Patty Flores the owner, makes us look so chic. The task was to Tweet out specifically: #XixonMiami and @webcitygirls Navidad a la Española is _____ and tag @MyBFsCloset. The winner word was familia by @miamishines
Our client @FordLatino right on the spot offered one guest the opportunity to test drive a Ford 2013 car for a weekend and blog about the experience. This was a popular tweet!
We also raffled another @Maria_Marin book plus a certificate from @MyBFsCloset to people who were not participating online. This was appreciated by the crowd.
It was a wonderful busy night not only experimenting ways to achieve exposure online for small businesses during events but also meeting and greeting guests while trying to do a little of the awesome wine tasting. Thankful shout-out to our virtual social media intern in California Sarah Peralta who was tweeting greeting guests and interacting doing an excellent job from the distance ☺..GRACIAS!
A grateful mention to the Xixon Restaurant owners, Carlos and Begonia Mattos who are amazing hosts and run a tight ship with friendly, efficient service, magnificent cuisine and a fun environment.
The night went on with lots of laughter, hugs, fun social interaction, live Flamenco music, a wine tasting extravaganza and did I mention food station with a long, thin leg of “Jamón Ibérico de Bellota” that was delicious and perfect combination for the Spanish Wines!
BIG Thank you to the Miami Social Community for coming it meant a lot to see friends like @aileenbella, @albertcollazo, @rskemps, @texinmiami, @grandgraphics, @vicequeenmaria, @miamishines, @brendaleguisamo, @joseresendez, @lasgringasblog, @miamifashtrends, @mamaorquesta, @macacha, @susyrosado, @beagarcia, @alexaolavarria @mariprovi, @dearsunshine, @astriddrivera, @acqualunagirl, @millieinmiami, @bohemian_sound, @TweetViolaTweet, @bobQuesadaPhoto, @ESPNDeportes, @MarcaMiami, @SoulofMiami and many others that are not on Twitter LOL!
Hasta our next event in 2013 and my wishes are that we all have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas with a Prosperous New Year full of blessings…los quiero xo!