It’s all about the look in Hollywood during award season and this past weekend at the SAG Awards we have some beautiful styles to share from romantic to sexy wavy hair.
2016 SAG Nominee, Claire Danes, looked fantastic in her royal blue Stella McCartney dress. Celebrity hairstylist, Peter Butler, created voluminous wavy hair with straight ends and a low side part for polish and plenty of shine with the help of Goldwell products. Please see below with tips from Butler on how to get her red carpet hair:
- Start with a blowout using a paddle brush for a loose, rough blow dry. First, apply Goldwell Style Sign Top Whip Ultra Strong Volume Mousse to create the necessary texture and volume in the roots.
- Next, curl hair with a 1¾’ barrel curling iron, varying direction and leaving the ends straight. Before curling each section spray Goldwell Style Sign Naturally Full 3 Bodifying BlowDry & Finish Spray and then continue curling to lock in the wave and texture.
- Finally, use a wide toothcomb to break it up and finish with Goldwell Style Sign Gloss Diamond Gloss Shine Spray to allow the hair to continue to flow.
Goldwell products are available at salons nationwide, please visit http://www.goldwell.us to find a salon near you.
Celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel gave Saoirse a beautiful top knot for tonight’s SAG Awards. “I was inspired by the sleek and modern dress and I wanted a statuesque yet carefree undone updo that sat at the crown,” he says.
How To Get The Look:
- I applied NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Perfectly Full™ Mousse all over the roots through mid-shaft on towel dried hair. I then hand dried the hair and took a large round brush to create a soft voluminous blowout.
- Then I used a 1 1/4″ curling on large sections of hair to create random waves and texture.
- Next, I took a comb and teased the roots of her hair and pulled it loosely into a top ponytail leaving some height around the front.
- Then I took the ponytail and back combed it prior to wrapping it around in a big deconstructed bun and pinning it in place.
- I locked the look down with NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Forever Full® Hairspray.
- I made sure some pieces fell around the hairline for a more whimsical and romantic effect.