The past couple of days have seen WebCityGirls Founder, Lynn Ponder, @webcitygirls honoring Hispanic Heritage in partnership with Ford Motor Company through the exciting 4-day live social reality adventure, #UnstoppableLATINAS. Along with fellow Latina influencers Domenica Mena @domenicamena, Fernanda Chacón, @cookandmove, Miss Carnaval Miami , Lelany Barea and Linda Ponder @ponderela, these five influencers are sharing stories and events related to Music, Food, Sports, and Culture.
Today WebCityGirls continues the adventure by celebrating Hispanic Heritage in food with a special recipe by amiga Chef Minerva, created with Agave inspired by The Ford Motor Company official sponsors of #UnstoppableLATINAS.
Now a fixture in South Florida, Chef Minerva’s first culinary experiences can be credited to her abuela, whom she watched cook todos los días. (Did you know she made her first sunny side up eggs at the young age of 5? ¡Qué increíble!) After working as an image consultant in Dallas, Texas, and then changing careers in the early 2000s, Minerva entered as a contestant on the second season of TLC’s show Next Great Baker (2011), which eventually lead to her role as a guest chef on Despierta America.
We love the way Chef Minerva makes cooking and baking fun while presenting food with a fresh new perspective. She is adored all over South Florida and is a popular cooking instructor and food stylist as well as an in demand personal chef and baker. Make sure you tune in to las redes de @webcitygirls Tuesday, September 27 at 11am when she will be a guest on #UnstoppableLATINAS!
She shared esta receta sin gluten con nosotras, which is perfect for this time of year. Chicas, let us know if you try it out! Se ve muy deliciosa, no?
Gluten-Free Apple-Guava Crisp with Cheesecake Sauce Recipe
By Chef Minerva
Yields 6 servings
- 3 cups of thinned sliced Granny Smith apples
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- ¼ cup raw Agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup guava paste, pureed
For the topping:
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into little chunks
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup Sucanat (dehydrated cane sugar juice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven at 350*F. Grease 6 small ramekins with butter.
- In a mixing bowl combine apples, corn starch, Agave nectar, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Pour equal amounts of the apple filling over each ramekin. Drizzle about a tablespoon of pureed guava paste over each ramekin. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add coconut, butter, flour, Sucanat, salt and cinnamon. Pulse 5 times or until mixture gets the consistency of granulated texture.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of the crisp mixture over each ramekin.
- Put the ramekins over a baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350*F for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheesecake sauce by mixing cream cheese together with Agave nectar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes. Drizzle the cheesecake sauce over each apple guava crisp and enjoy.